26th March 2013. 7.30 Five course dinner of Wild caught Alaskan Salmon
Wild caught Alaskan Salmon has the MSC certification for being sustainable
The wild caught fish is deliciously rich with sumptuous red flesh.
This species has the highest omega 3 count of any other wild fish. The salmon eats huge quantities of shrimps and shellfish before they head up the rivers to spawn, which makes the flesh sweet and rich and this extraordinary colour.
We have found that the salmon has been so popular because it is so versatile to cook.
We have decided to hold a dinner in honour of this mighty sustainable sock eye salmon. Fish & Co. will host a dinner with the salmon being prepared five different ways. Each course will be matched with a different organic wine.
Tuesday 26th March 2013. 7.30 pm
$95.00 per head. 5 courses including wine
Tel. 9660 5575
Alaskan Salmon Dinner
Potted Alaskan salmon with preserved lemon and dill with crisp fennel on Brasserie toast
Served with Chalmers organic Vermentino 2011. Heathcote Victoria
1. Beetroot cured salmon with roasted beetroot, watercress and horseradish cream
Served with Crazy by nature Organic Dry Flint Chenin Blanc 2010 Gisburne New Zealand
2. Hot and sour salad of aromatic tea smoked salmon with shredded green papaya with chilli and roast peanuts
Served with Rock Gully Organic Riesling 2011. Frankland river region Western Australia
3. Organic miso roasted sock eye salmon served with soba noodles. Mushrooms braised with ginger and star anise and spinach
Served with Wedgetail Estate Biodynamic Pinot Noir 2010 Yarra Valley Victoria
4. Spice grilled MSC certified Alaskan salmon with turmeric roast cauliflower with green apple and coriander chutney
Served with Rosnay Organic Mouvedre 2012 New South Wales
5. Set Lemon and buttermilk pudding with marinated red berries with rosemary
Served with Rosnay Sparkling Rose 2009 New South Wales